SPECIAL MEETING OF ORDINARY COUNCIL - 23 JULY 2008
2 DISCLOSURE OF INTEREST
4 ASKING OF QUESTIONS WITH NOTICE
5 QUESTIONS FOR CLOSED MEETING WHERE DUE NOTICE HAS BEEN RECEIVED
6 General Manager Report
7 General Manager's Summary of Items to be Discussed in Closed Meeting
9.1 Nambucca District Water Supply Off River Storage - Assessment of Preconstruction Tenders
It is recommended that the Council resolve into closed session with the press and public excluded to allow consideration of this item, as provided for under Section 10A(2) (d) of the Local Government Act, 1993, on the grounds that the report contains commercial information of a confidential nature that would, if disclosed (i) prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied it; or (ii) confer a commercial advantage on a competitor of the Council; or (iii) reveal a trade secret.
i Motion To Close The Meeting
ii Public Verbal Representations Regarding Proposal To Close
iii Consideration Of Public Representations
iv Deal With Motion To Close The Meeting
8 MEETING CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
9 REVERT TO OPEN MEETING FOR DECISIONS IN RELATION TO ITEMS DISCUSSED IN CLOSED MEETING.
23 July 2008
General Manager's Report
AUTHOR/ENQUIRIES: Michael Coulter, General Manager
A progress report—June 2008—has been provided to keep Council informed of the preconstruction phase for the off-river storage at Bowraville.
That Council note the progress of Project Management of the preconstruction phase for the off-river storage.
There are no options.
Tender recommendations presented in a separate report to Council at this meeting.
Landowners meeting held to discuss access for bore installations and environmental investigations.
· Drilling, construction and installation of water loggers completed
· Testing of hydraulics of aquifer and pumping completed
· Groundwater model under construction
· Proposed variation to increase the size of the test bores so that they are potentially more suited for future use as production bores. Bores to be drilled in mid July 2008.
Community and Stakeholders
· Frequently Asked Questions sheet prepared to provide an overview of the most commonly asked questions about the project.
· Newsletter 1 issued with rate notices and to local Bowraville community and affected landholders. This provides an overview of the project, key stages, timing, funding information and contact details for further information.
· Information Night for landowners affected by the new bores held on 2 July 2008.
· Contact facilities up and running—1800 line, email address.
· Enquiries/Complaints: a resident made a complaint about the process for contacting affected residents about the Borefield investigation. The resident was unhappy about the location of the bore on her property.
· Action Taken: KJA spoke to the resident to provide further information. A subsequent letter was sent to the resident (and other affected landowners) by Council. An information night was arranged and all affected landowners have been invited to attend.
Technical Liaison Committee
· The In Principle agreed Flow rules were agreed at the TLC meeting
· Filling rules being developed
· Last meeting held on 10 July 2008.
Aboriginal Liaison Committee
· Meeting scheduled for 5 August 2008.
Vincent Joseph (Department of Commerce)
This is a progress report only.
There are no social impacts as a result of this report.
There are no economic issues resulting from this report.
· Department of Water and Energy Subsidy.
· Department of Water and Energy agreement to the Flow Rules and Filling Rules.
· Completion of IWCM for input to Design.
Direct and indirect impact on current and future budgets
This report produces no financial implications on the current or future budgets.
Source of fund and any variance to working funds
This report produces no variance to working funds.
There are no attachments for this report.