Bush Fire Recovery General Information and Fact Sheets

The NSW Government organise and coordinate disaster management through the Office of Emergency Management. At this stage we are playing a supporting role and awaiting their advice. 

November bush fires

Council Media Releases


Asbestos Disposal


Disaster Recovery Payment for those severely affected by Bush Fires 

The Federal Government is providing one-off disaster payments to bush fire impacted people in, the Nambucca Shire Council Local Government Area.

“Anyone who has been severely affected should contact the Department of Human Services (DHS) to check their eligibility.”

Payments of $1000 per adult and $400 per child are available to eligible people who have sustained major damage to their homes or serious injury due to the fires.

For information about the AGDRP, people can call Department of Human Services on 180 22 66, visit www.humanservices.gov.au/disaster or go to a Department of Human Services Centre like Centrelink


Information on Assistance for Fire Affected Landholders 

Calls for assistance are being received by the Agriculture and Animal Services Functional Area (AASFA), which is made up of Local Land Services, NSW Department of Primary Industries and other supporting organisations such as RSPCA.  

The Agriculture and Animal Services Functional Area help ensure animal welfare and provide support to agriculture during a bushfire emergency. 

Staff are on the ground assisting fire affected communities in northern New South Wales to manage animal welfare-related issues including: 

Bushfire affected landholders and primary producers requiring emergency fodder, livestock or domestic animal assessment are urged to call the Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647.


Local Road Closures 

What’s happened?

These bush fires have been big and spread out over a large area of the Nambucca Shire. 

What are we doing?

Safety of human life is our main concern.

What should you do?                                    

Please be patient with our road crews – they are working hard to re-open roads. 


Managing Scrap Metal 

As a result of the recent bush fires there is a large volume of waste metal which can be disposed of free of charge at the Nambucca Waste Management Facility 


Damaged and replacement bins 

Please contact Coffs Coast Waste Services on 1800 265 295 and they will deliver replacement bins as soon as they are able to.


How can I help those affected by the Bush Fires? 

 Many wonderful people are asking what the best way to help those affected by the NSW bushfires is.

The best way to help our impacted communities is to donate money to one of the many charities or appeals that have been established.

FOR YOUR SAFETY - Fires are still burning across NSW and weather conditions are ever changing. DO NOT put yourself at unnecessary risk by driving to the affected areas.

Consider donating to a local trusted charity or appeal, or one of these

Further information will be posted to this page when it becomes available. 

If you are not insured and have limited income, you may be eligible for a disaster relief grant. Please call Disaster Welfare on 1800 018 444.