Moving Forward - Community Grants Program
Nambucca Valley Council launched its “Moving Forward” Community Grants Program in December last year, funded under the Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund for local, community driven events and projects to aid in the social recovery of the Nambucca Valley community.
The following grant applications were successful and below is an event calendar to highlight the dates not to be missed coming up!
“A wide range of applications were received and Council is confident these community
recovery events will lift our spirits and see the Nambucca Valley dancing, riding, discussing,
connecting and more into 2022. After drought, fire, Covid and flood our community event
line-up will help boost the local economy and bring us together, stronger for the future,”
says Mayor, Councillor Rhonda Hoban OAM.
Large grant successful applications include;
- Saltwater Freshwater Cultural Festival – Saltwater Freshwater Arts Alliance
- Becoming You Youth Empowerment Project – Uniting NSW.ACT
- Woodstock in the Valley Music Festival – Nambucca Valley Rotary
- Community Panel Discussion and Artistic Exhibition – Bowraville Theatre
- Family Fridays – Eungai Community Preschool
- Macksville Marlins Swim Development Program (pending re-opening of pool)
Small grant successful applications include;
- Oh, I’m Just a Farmer’s Wife Luncheon & Farmers Long Brunch – NSW Farmers Nambucca River Branch
- Emergency Services Golf and Bowls Day – Macksville Country Club
- Jills at Jacks Mountain Bike Race - Nambucca Valley Cycle Club
- Nambucca Valley Bridge Club Training Drive
- Agriculture Matters Youth Workshop (Primary & Secondary) – NSW Farmers Nambucca River Branch
- Dirty Buff Off-Road and Ride Around the River – Macksville Cycle Club