Nambucca River Guide and Maps
Famous for its natural beauty and ease of access, the Nambucca River and its estuary offers a fantastic range of activities to enjoy all year round.
Click here to view the Free River Guide & Maps
There are many access points for wheelchairs.
- Fishing - From a boat, kayak or the land, the Nambucca River offers a great range of options and species to catch. Size and bag limits apply - for details please refer to the sign boards at various locations and boat ramps. A fishing license is required in all New South Wales Waters.
- Swimming - With a mild sub-tropical climate, you can swim in the river all year round.
- Paddle Boarding - Explore the many close-by islands and tranquil backwaters along the length of the river.
- Snorkelling - Discover the amazing variety of marine animals that call the Nambucca River home.
- Water Skiing - The open broad stretches of the river are perfect for both Water-skiing and Wake-boarding.
- Kayaking - Discover the numerous islands and hidden creeks along the river and perhaps have a dolphin encounter!
- Jet Skiing - For those with experience the river launchingramps give close access to the river mouth and surf.
Marine Rescue Nambucca Heads 02 6569 4446
For further information on Recreational Fishing and Licensing Requirements visit:
Council has established an Alcohol Free Zones in accordance with Section 644 of the Local Government Act 1993.