Expressions of Interest - Reconnecting Regional NSW Funding
CALLING EVENT ORGANISERS
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
POTENTIAL FUNDING SUPPORT UNDER “RECONNECTING REGIONAL NSW”
Background: The NSW Government has allocated funding to Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program. It aims to promote the social and economic recovery of regional communities following the extended COVID-19 restrictions by delivering regional events that support local businesses in the events, hospitality and accommodation sectors.
Nambucca Valley has a potential allocation of $239, 651. As a result, Council is seeking partners and calling for expressions of interest from event organisers interested in funding to support their event.
Key Event Criteria:
- be open to all members of the public
- free to attend or a very small fee to cover any extra costs
- have a primary purpose of reconnecting communities and improving social cohesion of the local community
- be held before 31 March 2023
- event management plan that includes traffic management plan and waste management plan
- fully scoped budget, with areas for funding subsidy clearly identified (For existing events, applicants are encouraged to apply for this funding to make the events larger or more accessible)
- statement addressing estimated visitor numbers and value to broader community
- how the event supports local businesses
- demonstrated experience in event management and delivery
- from $20,000 up to $239,651
- Council will assess all expressions of interest and make a determination on funding amounts following this process
- expenditure will be required by 31 MARCH 2023
- Expressions of Interest close 30 MAY 2022
- Council to assess Expressions of Interest early June for application deadline 24 JUNE 2022
- Funding deed finalised, pending successful application JULY-AUGUST 2022
- Event held before 31 MARCH 2023
Examples of eligible events:
- community markets and bazaars
- festivals and fairs
- sporting events
- food and leisure events
- recovery events
- community classes and workshops
- agricultural field days (run by community organisations)
- regional racing carnivals (e.g. horse or greyhound racing) run by community organisations
- touring events and theatre programs
- community public holiday celebrations (e.g. Australia Day).
INTERESTED? WHAT TO DO NEXT
Please provide an Expression of Interest by Monday 30 May 2022
that includes the following;
- Contact details
- Addresses the Key Criteria and Other Essentials as listed above
- A clear amount for your funding request with accompanying scoped budget
Send your Expression of Interest to:
with the subject line:
“Expression of Interest for Reconnecting Regional NSW – Community Events Program”
All ideas will be collated and considered in early June and contact made with event organisers.
Highway Handover - Nambucca Valley - Giinagay Way
Nambucca Valley Dialysis Patients Donation Program
The significant rainfall experienced during the year to date has impacted Council’s sewerage system in Macksville and caused a number of sewage overflows to the Nambucca River. This has affected the oyster industry and resulted in the EPA issuing Council with a Pollution Reduction Program to take action to reduce the number of overflows in order to maintain river health.
Work to upgrade 284 streetlights to energy efficient technology will begin this week as part of a major energy efficiency project that will save hundreds of thousands in electricity bills and reduce greenhouse gas emissions for the Nambucca Valley community.
Mayor Rhonda Hoban OAM said “Nambucca Valley Council is committed to becoming more sustainable, and the LED upgrade is just one initiative in Council’s strategies to achieve energy and operational efficiencies in the next 10 years.
Media Release - Nambucca Valley Council - Councillor John Wilson elected Deputy Mayor
Nambucca Valley, Bellingen Shire and Coffs Harbour City Councils have teamed up to deliver a regional campaign to help educate residents about sustainable ways to dispose of food scraps and garden waste. The ‘Let’s Get Composting Coffs Coast’ campaign will run across the three Local Government Areas for the next year.